EDGE Lacrosse, Canada’s #1 Proven Development and Recruitment program is pleased to announce that we will be fielding a team for the 2019 World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver, CO July 2-4, 2019.
The World Series Youth Lacrosse Tournament is the U13 National Championship comprised of the top youth club lacrosse programs from across North America.
EDGE Lacrosse is eager to begin training and preparations for the 2019 event. The season will consist of scheduled team training sessions, practices, tournaments and film. The goal is to assemble a team and group of players capable of competing and winning this prestigious event!
We understand that throughout the fall season that hockey conflicts may arise, and players should be committed to their hockey commitments. We are offering weekly training beginning in September – June (limited training in December) to prepare and train for the World Series. For high level hockey players, if you can only partially participate in the fall and winter, we are open to working with you based around your hockey schedule and availability.
The World Series of Youth Lacrosse is an AGE based event, players born between Sept 1st 2005 – Dec 31st, 2006 are eligible to compete.
Please register online for the tryout. Tryout cost is $20 cash at the day of the tryout. We’ve made it quick and easy to register via this link - https://goo.gl/forms/2jyQf9uroEU0ES693
FALL - Open Tryout Saturday Sept 8th – Mississauga 9am – 1030am. Call Backs on Saturday Sept 15.
Fall Practices/Training – Mississauga 9am – 12pm
Saturday Sept 15, 22, 29
Saturday Oct 6, 13, 20, 27
Nov 3, 10, 17, 24
Minimum 2 Fall Tournaments – TBD
We will host weekly team practice and training every Saturday in the fall. Training sessions will be 3 hours and include positional skill development, film/team building and team practice.
*OPTIONAL* Monday evening skill training 7-830pm Sept 10 – Nov 26 – we have included a 2nd mid week training night for players who wish to participate. All Monday night sessions will be hosted in part of the EDGE Training Academy which is run and hosted by Edge coaches and NCAA alum.
Over 40 hours of training and development between Sept – November.
WINTER - Winter Training – Mississauga 9am – 11am
Saturday January 12, 19, 26
Saturday Feb 2, 9, 16, 23
Saturday March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Indoor training, a hybrid of BOX and FIELD positional training, fitness and team practice.
SPRING/SUMMER - Spring Training – Opposite Days of OMFL Lacrosse
April 6 – May 18 – 2.5 hours of weekly practice, includes positional skill training, team concepts and systems and fitness.
May 25-27 – NCAA Final Four – Future Champions
June 15-16 – Big 4 Youth Champions League
June 22-23 – TBC
June 25-26 – Training Camp @ All Canada Games (Oshawa)
June 27-28 – Families depart for Denver (families have flexibility to travel either day)
June 29-30 – Team practice and walk through in Denver
July 1-4 – World Series Tournament
We intend to carry a max tournament roster of 23 players (5 attack, 8 midfielders, 2 FO, 6 poles, 2 goalies)
We will carry an additional 4-5 players as training players in order to ensure high quality participation and numbers throughout the season. In the event of injury/conflict, training players may be asked to attend tournaments.
HEAD COACH - Adam Gardner
Bellarmine University / EDGE Academy Director
- Bellarmine University 1st 100 Goal scorer, All-Time Leading Scorer
- 2008 Male Athlete of the Year
- Team Canada Sr Mens Support Staff 2013
- 2x Team Ontario U19 Offensive Coordinator, 2012 National Champion, 2013 Silver Medalist
- 2015, Durham College Sports Business Management
Assistant Coach / Offensive Coordinator – Connor Kearnan
EDGE Alum / Canisius College
- EDGE Lacrosse Alumni 2013-14
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Finance
- Team Ontario U19 Champion 2013
- Brogden Cup Champion 2014
- Canisius College 2018
- MAAC Champion 2018
- 2018 IL Honorable Mention All-America 2018
- USILA Scholar All-America 2018
- MAAC Offensive Player of the Year 2018
- MAAC Championship Tournament MVP 2018
- MAAC Championship Team 2018 + 2017
- MAAC 1st Team 2018 + 2017
- MAAC Co-Offensive Player of the Year 2017
- MAAC 2nd Team 2016
- MAAC All-Academic Team 2017-18
- School+MAAC records in assists for a season (52)
- Set MAAC record for points in a season (83)
- Canisius Top 10 in Goals (89/T-10th)
- Canisius Top 10 in Goals Assists (91/2nd)
- Canisius Top 10 in GoalsPoints (180/5th)
- OLA Jr A Second Team All-Star 2017
- Brooklin Redmen 2018
- Deans List 2014-18
Assistant Coach/Defense Coordinator - Trevor Cyr
EDGE Alum / Seton Hill University
- Edge Lacrosse Alumni 2009-2011 -Midfield/Attack
- Team Ontario U16 / U19 National Champion 2009, 2011
- Brogden Cup Champion 2011
- Seton Hill University 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Management, Cum Laude
- Sports Management Student of the Year, 2015
- Sports Performance & Lifestyle Coach
- CPR & AED Certified
Membership Fee Breakdown:
The World Series team budget will be split equally among the participating players. This budget will include tournament entry, coach’s travel and hotels.
The full calendar year will be broken down into 3 seasons: Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer. Included in your base program cost would be:
- All training sessions for each season
- Coaching fees and program costs for training
We understand the potential conflicts in fall and winter with hockey. If you anticipate hockey conflicts, please let us know so we can work with you. We are willing to have hockey players participate part-time or drop in during the fall and winter seasons.
Additional costs: these costs will be added for World Series members as part of the uniform/equipment package.
Hard goods: Team gloves/helmets
Customized World Series Team Uniform
2 shooting shirts
2 golf shirts
Program Costs Do Not Include:
Tournament Fees – Tournament fees are paid for equally by participating members
Travel / Hotels – Individual travel and hotel costs are not included in your program costs
Coach’s travel costs – Coach’s hotel costs are paid for equally by participating members throughout the year.
Do not hesitate to contact Team Coaches, Adam Gardner, Trevor Cyr or Connor Kearnan if any questions regarding the tryouts, season or World Series event.
Adam Gardner - email@example.com C- 647-454-0342
Trevor Cyr - firstname.lastname@example.org C- 905-431-8084